Why steel frames
Blusteel Homes steel frames have a host of advantages over other materials. There is no shrinkage with steel so your home will look as new longer. This means less maintenance filling in the gaps that regularly occur in timber frame homes. Also, it’s a light-weight framing option which is an essential component for owner builders to consider as they are often working alone.
Still need convincing? Check out the other advantages below. They’ll give you plenty of reasons to seriously consider a steel frame for your owner builder project.
1. 50 year guarantee so you’ll be confident for a long time.
2. More cost effective than other building materials.
3. Perfectly straight and square for ease of construction.
4. Connecting mounts and holes line up precisely.
5. Faster to construct, stronger and lighter than timber.
6. Termite proof and won’t rot so no poisonous treatments are required.
7. Not flammable so the sensible option for bushfire prone areas.
8. Environmentally friendly as steel is one of the most recycled materials on the planet.